Stonehenge Productions provides an easy and economical way for indie film makers to distribute films as apps through iTunes, Android’s Market or by hosting the app themselves. We create Apps with your film streaming through an app ( or via in-app purchase, if you want), as well as rich media features such as photo albums, behind the scenes clips, trailers, and news. We also integrate and leverage social media (FB/Twitter/Email, etc.) and games and contests to give fans the ability to share and build buzz for your film. We also provide analytics to our clients so they can see what, where and how long their users are engaged with the App.
We build Apps using HTLM5. So the Apps run on iOS, Android, and any other platform with a web browser.
Our goal is to encourage fan engagement and participation…not just to build a movie player.
The process to get your film “Appified”:
- Tell us what you’d like. Based on the feature set, we will charge a flat fee. (The price to build the app is non refundable if the app is not approved)
- Submit your film and any collateral material you want. We’ll provide an upload site.
- We build the app, you get to see comps of the app and, if you want, design it. It will take us approximately two weeks to build the app.
- If you decide to build for Apple we submit and then we wait. It’s up to Apple to approve the app…We’ve seen some apps get approved in five days and some much longer. However we can’t guarantee it gets approved.
- You can also host the App yourself and not have to pay the 30% of any revenue you make to apple.
- If you choose to put the app on Apple the app needs to get approved through Apple (if it’s an iOS app) and once it does it goes into the App store and we collect revenue.
- We can also put the App on Google Play.
- We will pay you 100% of what we get from Apple or Android (they take 30% of the gross sales) once your account reaches $100. That’s right, NO ROYALTY.
- If you decide to host the app yourself, we give you the code and you put it on a server. We can also host the app for a nominal monthly fee of $15.
NOTE: The price to build the app is non refundable if the app is not approved
This is a non-exclusive agreement and you are free to market and sell your film through other channels as well. We do not provide any marketing or advertising support.
If you have any questions, please contact us.
Get Your Film in More Hands